Home Inspectors

Home Inspectors now require licenses to operate in British Columbia.  Consumer Protection BC is responsible for licensing and administering the regulations. Be sure to ask to see your home inspector's licence or use the online search tool provided here.

Some licensed inspectors who we are most familiar with include:

Pillar to Post: Wayne DeJong P.Eng. Ph: 604-250-9263

John Mayhr & Assoc: Colin Hyslop Ph: 604-290-1500

AmeriSpec Inspection Services: Gary Brisebois. Ph: 604-430-0343

AmeriSpec Inspection Services: Sam Yu. Ph: 604-430-0343 

RMC INSIGHT Building Consultants Inc: David Rolland. Ph: 604-731-8215

Designated associations


Home inspectors must meet the requirements of any of the following designated associations. The websites below provide some valuable information about the inspection process and guides to choosing a competent home inspector.

Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of BC (ASTTBC)

Canadian Association of Home & Property Inspectors (BC) (CAHPI)

Canada's Commercial and Home Inspector Association (CanNACHI)

National Home Inspector Certification Council (NHICC)